More interesting and nutritious than your regular orange juice with about 160% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C, more than 1,000% of vitamin A, and 20% or more of 8 other essential nutrients in a 12 fl oz (355 mL) serving. But wait, there’s more: The carotene antioxidants found in carrots have been linked to a reduced risk of certain types of cancer, and ginger contains a host of phytonutrients being studied for a wide range of benefits including their ability to reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and improve digestion.
Adjust this recipe to taste or use it as a starting point to create a juice uniquely your own.
Makes about 16 fl oz (1.33 servings)
Carrot 400 g (about 3-4 medium carrots)
Orange Juice 400 g (from about 2-3 medium oranges)
Ginger 25 g (about half the size of your thumb)
Lime Juice 15-20 g (from about 1/2 a lime)
- Juice the oranges with a citrus juicer.
- Remove the green tops from the carrots, and Juice the carrots and ginger together in a vegetable juicer.
- Combine the orange and carrot ginger juices in a glass or pitcher.
- Slice a lime in half and squeeze it directly into the juices combined in the previous step to taste.
- Enjoy straight up or over ice.
- Have a glorious day!