Dr. Green Love – Recipe
In the six years that we have been bottling juice, Dr. Green Love has always been our most popular green juice. Even people that don’t generally like green juices fall for Dr. Green Love. Of course if you’re too busy to make it yourself you can find it in bottles at your local Bay Area market, or our shop. So, here’s our Dr. Green Love recipe.
Before you begin
Use the ingredients list below as a starting point. For our bottled juice, in order to maintain consistent flavor and pH, we adjust this recipe frequently to compensate for seasonal changes of produce. For example, the recipe is based on green apples, but if pineapple is running tart or less sweet, we’ll swap out some of these for sweeter Gala apples. Because ginger is highly variable we juice it in advance and add it separately. Lemon juice is added at the very end to balance the other flavors. So think of this more of a template than a recipe
When I make this at home I never use a scale. I will also swap out the greens based on what’s in my fridge, and use whatever apples are on hand. If I only have red apples I’ll add more lemon – or even lime – at the end. So, I encourage you to experiment until you get a flavor you like.
- Thoroughly wash all the ingredients.
- Cut the lemon in half, and cut the other ingredients into pieces that will fit into your juicer
- Juice all ingredients but the lemon in accordance with the juicer manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Squeeze the lemon by hand or using a citrus juicer and add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve over ice or straight up. This juice also makes a wonderful ice pop.