Immune-Boosting, Anti-Inflammatory Super-Juice with Turmeric, Ginger, Coconut Water, and Orange
Of our bottled juices, this is the one I drink the most. It has a bright, sweet-tart flavor, earthiness, and mild spice. The electrolytes in the coconut water make it extra hydrating. It’s full of vitamin C for immune support, curcumin in turmeric has been shown to help reduce inflammation, and the gingerols in ginger have been shown to support cardiovascular health.
The measures here are based on 400mL coconut water, a 33% yield from roots, and a 45% yield from citrus. The water in a coconut varies from 200mL to 400mL. Scale these measures to the volume of coconut water that you have, and if known, the yields for your juicer and ingredients.
Overall, you will create a 50/50 blend of orange juice and coconut water, and add to its volume, to taste: 3% turmeric, 2% ginger, and 2 lemon juices.
- Wash everything.
- Open the coconut and measure the water.
- Adjust the recipe based on the amount of coconut water you have on hand. To do this multiply the measures by the amount of coconut water you have divided by 400. For example, if you have 200g coconut water, multiply the starting measures by 75% (300/400). So you would start with 675g oranges, 52.5g turmeric, and 37.5g ginger.
- Peel the citrus fruits and juice them with the roots according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This video shows you to make turmeric and ginger juices with a blender.
- Combine the juice with the coconut water and serve over ice with a lemon wheel.
The first time you make this.
- Juice the turmeric, ginger, and lemon separately and record the yield.
- Make incremental additions of individual liquid (juiced) ingredients to taste.
- Make adjustments until you like the flavor and record the measures.
- Adjust the whole-produce starting measures by dividing the volume of each juice you added by its yield. For example, if you use 10g of turmeric juice and your yield for turmeric is 33%, then your whole produce measure is 30g or 10/33%.
- The next time you make this use the adjusted measures and juice everything together at the same time.